Eric and Ina, both retired. Two daughters, one married and living in Middelburg, Mpumalanga (South Africa), and one living in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
We have been living in Malelane, Mpumalanga (South Africa) for the past 26 years. Worked at the sugar company, Tsb Sugar, now RCL Foods, (Selati brand) until retirement.
We have been living in town on the banks of the Crocodile River, bordering the Kruger National Park for more than 21 years. It has been like a vacation inside the Kruger Park every day.
Views from our house:
We love camping, exploring and travelling and have been almost everywhere in South Africa.
Eric is a born Namibian, with mother and siblings still living in Keetmanshoop and Windhoek. Needless to say that we have been to Namibia as many times as years during the past 30 to 40 years, always trying to include another destination also when visiting the family.
Regular camping companions:
- eldest daugter and son-in-law: Landi & Hein
- Ina’s brother and sister-in-law: Cobus & Henriette
Latest camping holidays:
- March 2017: Botswana (Khutse & Mabuasehube) with Cobus & Henriette
- June 2017: Kruger Park
- September 2017: Richtersveld & Namaqua Park
- December 2017: Drakenberg with youngest daughter Anelle
- May 2018: Botswana (Mabuasehube) & Southern Namibia with Landi & Hein
- August 2018: Cape Vidal with Landi & Hein
Cobus and Henriette have been comtemplating about an overland trip to Tanzania. They have been to Malawi before and loved it. They invited us to join them, and we decided to do more than that as we have the time available. Their time is limited as they only have 3 weeks over the Christmas holidays. We want to include all those bucket list items we have not had the opportunity to do, therefore we plan to include a ‘before’ and ‘after’ trip and join Cobus and Henriette during their available days – see ROUTE.